SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#345743 - 06/16/12 12:59 PM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Nigel]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Wow - I used to love and respect Jimi ... now after seeing the trashing of his guitar .... not so much. I remember as a kid feeling so sad when I saw that in concerts ... I had to save up just to have .25 cents for picks and these a-holes were destroying instruments. That's not rock & roll - it's just stupid.

#345744 - 06/16/12 01:48 PM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Wow - I used to love and respect Jimi ... now after seeing the trashing of his guitar .... not so much. I remember as a kid feeling so sad when I saw that in concerts ... I had to save up just to have .25 cents for picks and these a-holes were destroying instruments. That's not rock & roll - it's just stupid.

YEP!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#345748 - 06/16/12 10:38 PM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Uncle Dave]
Tony Hughes Offline

UD,

Its was the medication they were on at the time, UD I mean the groups name "THE TROGGS" what the hell is a Trogg,I hated them, music my ass, you must have kids in the USA who have booom booom speakers in their cars, just the same, makes no sense, end up in an old folks home deaf sat trying listening to some playing an arranger, and the World turns..smashing their kit, over paid tossers, Beaky play something nice nice like you always do to the old folks, spoke to Scotte he says it's dead easy to play "WILD THING" 3 chords, BOOM, BAH,BOOM, you are right UD stupid.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#345749 - 06/16/12 10:41 PM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Beakybird]
Tony Hughes Offline

Why does SZ put all these things in blue, I know what old folks home is, thats where I am heading soon, Doh!!! Its not hightlighted tosser or Trogg love to know what trogg is , I am off to Wiki, be back in a bit someone will know...

5 mins later, I'm back.... in sq brackets below

[A trogg is a girl that is realy beat looking. Origins from the words troll and frog.

"Eww, check that TROGG out!!"

"we are going trogg hunting tonight, for the ladies that don't take much persuing..." ]

Well there you go boys, thats about as clear as it gets, clear as mud ???

#345752 - 06/17/12 02:10 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Uncle Dave]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

Hey, don't blame Jimi. This only happened very early in his solo career and he was made to do it by his management. It wasn't his choice at all. His management was trying to create controversy to get publicity and because The Who were doing it at that time. He didn't destroy equipment after this period.

I likewise always thought destroying music gear was a travesty when I was a kid trying to afford buying a guitar.

#345753 - 06/17/12 02:19 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Beakybird]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Beakybird
That Yamaha style, 60's Novelty Pop is perfect for the speaking part with the pauses. I just need a style to cover the main verse.

I guess I can do a polka version, isn't that what Weird Al would do?

Yup for sure !!!

#345754 - 06/17/12 02:46 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
I would stick to MY WAY by Frankie

Not the English Sid Vicious version?? wink Just kidding you Tony.

#345755 - 06/17/12 03:32 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Beakybird]
Beakybird Offline

Yeah, back in the days I used to burn my harmonica on stage and gnaw it in half, but I stopped getting dates because of my crooked teeth.

I'll listen to the Weird Al song when I can turn it up. Family's sleeping now.

#345756 - 06/17/12 04:10 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
I would stick to MY WAY by Frankie

Not the English Sid Vicious version?? wink Just kidding you Tony.

Hells Nigel,

He sounds a little out of tune to me, does anyone else agree, my ears maybe, never work in the old folks home, don't you dare try this Beaky be all over the frontpage of the papers

sofa

#345758 - 06/17/12 06:23 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Nigel]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yup - it was the Who that broke my musical heart first. Management, or not ... It's just a horrible aspect of " show business". Just as abhorribile as a major league pitcher throwing at a guys head in retaliation. Don't get me started!!!!
smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online